Corner of Edith & Platt Streets
Waratah NSW 2298
Telephone (02) 4921 1211
Calvary Mater NewcastleLCMHC Home
The positions advertised below are available to internal applicants ONLY. To be eligible to apply you MUST be a current Calvary Mater Newcastle or Hunter New England Health Employee.
Calvary Mater Newcastle
Palliative and End of Life Care (PEoLC) Project Implementation Officer CMN 14/40
15 August 2014
CALVARY MATER NEWCASTLE
Palliative and End of Life Care (PEoLC) Project Implementation Officer
Temporary Full-Time (12 Months)
Department of Palliative Care
Position No. CMN 14/40
Suitable applicants who are currently employed by Calvary Mater Newcastle OR the Hunter New England Local Health District/NSW Ministry of Health (ONLY) are encouraged to apply.
The PEoLC Project Implementation Officer will be required to review and complete the implementation of the Little Company of Mary Health Care (LCMHC) PEoLC Strategic Plan.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or current AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated experience in managing hospital-related projects that have resulted in quality improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of End of Life Care within the acute care setting
- Demonstrated ability to engage all stakeholders to achieve patient-centred outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently using effective time management skills
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Commitment to the philosophy of Little Company of Mary Health Care as it applies to the Hospital and the ability and desire to uphold these values
- Demonstrated experience in leading a quality improvement team to engage with numerous clinical and other stakeholders to effect system improvement across Calvary Mater Newcastle (CMN)
Salary & Conditions:
In accordance with the Named NSW (Non-Declared) AHO Nurses Agreement, Clinical Nurse Specialist (Grade 1), currently $1588.69 per week, depending on experience, qualifications and the ability to meet the criteria for CNS Grade 1 as per the Agreement. OR other relevant Enterprise Agreement and salary classification dependent on discipline of incumbent and subject to clinical qualifications.
For full details and an application kit, visit Calvary Mater Newcastles Home Page www.calvarymater.org.au (Please click on Careers then Internal Vacancies for the position(s) you are interested in) OR contact Prof. Katherine Clark, Director of Palliative Care on phone (02) 492 11957.
Closing Date: Friday, 5th September 2014.
AN ELIGIBILITY LIST WILL BE CREATED FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS AND MAY BE USED TO FILL CASUAL, PERMANENT, TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME AND/OR PART-TIME POSITIONS. THE LIST WILL BE VALID FOR TWELVE MONTHS AND SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE LISTED IN ORDER OF MERIT.
Written applications which detail compliance with the essential and desirable requirements, including a completed Calvary Mater Newcastle Application for Employment form, quoting the relevant Position No and three (3) recent, professional referees should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders are Encouraged to Apply
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calvary Mater Newcastle is a Smoke Free Workplace
Criminal Record Check for successful applicants in accordance
with NSW Ministry of Health Policy
Provision of documented evidence of protection against specified infectious diseases required
Verification of Qualifications will be undertaken where appropriate
Applications close 05 September 2014