Corner of Edith & Platt Streets
Waratah NSW 2298
Telephone (02) 4921 1211
Calvary Mater NewcastleLCMHC Home
The positions advertised below are available to internal applicants ONLY. To be eligible to apply you MUST be a current Calvary Mater Newcastle or Hunter New England Health Employee.
Calvary Mater Newcastle
CMN 15/70 Registered Nurses
31 July 2015
CALVARY MATER NEWCASTLE
Various Temporary Positions (1.8 FTE)
Oncology Ward 5B
Position No. CMN 15/70
Suitable applicants who are currently employed by Calvary Mater Newcastle OR NSW Health (ONLY) are encouraged to apply.
Registered Nurses are responsible for providing provision of safe, effective, and appropriate patient care in a patient-focused environment.
- Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse Division 1 with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Knowledge of oncological emergencies and their management.
- Proficiency in management of Central venous access devices and Intravenous cannulas.
- Ability to recognise the deteriorating patient and respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of Calvary and the ability and desire to uphold these principles.
- Graduate Certificate in Cancer Nursing or similar or willingness to work towards.
- Completion of NSW Cancer Institute eviQ Antineoplastic Drug Administration Course (ADAC)
Salary & Conditions:
In accordance with the Named NSW (Non-Declared) AHO Nurses Agreement, Registered Nurse, currently $29.32 (1st Year) to $41.17 (8th Year) per hour, depending on years of service plus applicable loading and shift penalties.
For full details and an application kit, visit Calvary Mater Newcastles Home Page www.calvarymater.org.au (Please click on Careers then Current Vacancies for the position(s) you are interested in) OR contact Linda Liversidge, 5B Nursing Unit Manager on phone (02) 4985 0575.
Closing Date: Friday, 14th August 2015.
AN ELIGIBILITY LIST WILL BE CREATED FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS AND MAY BE USED TO FILL CASUAL, PERMANENT, TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME AND/OR PART-TIME POSITIONS. THE LIST WILL BE VALID FOR TWELVE MONTHS AND SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE LISTED IN ORDER OF MERIT.
Written applications which detail compliance with the essential and desirable requirements, including a completed Calvary Mater Newcastle Application for Employment form, quoting the relevant Position No and three (3) recent, professional referees should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position has been identified as requiring a Working With Children Check (WWCC). If you are the successful applicant (and are not a current CMN employee) you will be required to arrange your own WWCC. For more information on how to get your WWCC Clearance Number please visit http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check . Please be aware that you will not be able to commence employment until you have provided your clearance number and a WWCC has been completed.
Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders are Encouraged to Apply
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calvary Mater Newcastle is a Smoke Free Workplace
Criminal Record Check for successful applicants in accordance
with NSW Ministry of Health Policy
Provision of documented evidence of protection against specified infectious diseases required
Verification of Qualifications will be undertaken where appropriate
Applications close 14 August 2015