Corner of Edith & Platt Streets
Waratah NSW 2298
Telephone (02) 4921 1211
Calvary Mater NewcastleLCMHC Home
The positions advertised below are available to internal applicants ONLY. To be eligible to apply you MUST be a current Calvary Mater Newcastle or Hunter New England Health Employee.
Calvary Mater Newcastle
Research Nurse CMN 15/54
10 April 2015
CALVARY MATER NEWCASTLE
Temporary Full-Time (3 month secondment opportunity)
Department of Palliative Care
Position No. CMN 15/45
Suitable applicants who are currently employed by Calvary Mater Newcastle (ONLY) are encouraged to apply.
The Clinical Research Nurse is responsible for coordinating conduct and management of designated clinical trials and research projects in the Palliative Care Department.
- Registered Nurse authorised to practice by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of evidence-based care
- Demonstrated commitment to attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in busy environments
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to improving health care through research and quality improvement.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Commitment to the philosophy, mission and values of Little Company of Mary Health Care as it applies to Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital and the ability and desire to uphold these values
- Previous research experience
- Awareness of the philosophy and practice of specialist palliative care
Salary & Conditions:
In accordance with the Named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations
Nurses Agreement 2011, Registered Nurse Engaged in Research, currently $1063.00 (1st Year) to $1492.69 (8th Year), depending on years of service plus applicable loading and shift penalties.
For full details and how to apply , visit Calvary Mater Newcastles Careers page http://www.calvarymater.org.au/careers.html (Please click on Careers then Internal Vacancies for the position(s) you are interested in) OR contact Prof. Katy Clark, Director, Palliative Care, on phone (02) 49850387.
Closing Date: Friday, 1st May 2015.
AN ELIGIBILITY LIST WILL BE CREATED FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS AND MAY BE USED TO FILL CASUAL, PERMANENT, TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME AND/OR PART-TIME POSITIONS. THE LIST WILL BE VALID FOR TWELVE MONTHS AND SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE LISTED IN ORDER OF MERIT.
This position has been identified as requiring a Working With Children Check (WWCC).
Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders are Encouraged to Apply
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calvary Mater Newcastle is a Smoke Free Workplace
Criminal Record Check for successful applicants in accordance
with Department of Health Policy
Provision of documented evidence of protection against specified infectious diseases required
Verification of Qualifications will be undertaken where appropriate
Applications close 01 May 2015