Corner of Edith & Platt Streets
Waratah NSW 2298
Telephone (02) 4921 1211
Calvary Mater NewcastleLCMHC Home
The positions advertised below are available to internal applicants ONLY. To be eligible to apply you MUST be a current Calvary Mater Newcastle or Hunter New England Health Employee.
Calvary Mater Newcastle
Registered Nurse (Day Surgery) CMN 15/23
20 February 2015
CALVARY MATER NEWCASTLE
Registered Nurse (Day Surgery)
(32 hours per week maternity leave relief)
Position No. CMN 15/23
Suitable applicants who are currently employed by Calvary Mater Newcastle (ONLY) are encouraged to apply.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision, and documentation, of safe, effective, and appropriate patient care in a patient-focused environment in the Day Surgery Unit.
- Registered Nurse authorised to practice by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Recent demonstrated experience in a day surgery ward.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team based environment and an ability to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrated communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to work proficiently in periods of high demand and activity.
- Demonstrated commitment to own personal and professional development.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of Calvary and the ability and desire to uphold these principles.
- Appropriate post-basic certificate(s) and/or experience.
Salary & Conditions:
In accordance with the Named NSW (Non-Declared) AHO Nurses Agreement, Registered Nurse, Registered Nurse, current rate $28.60 (1st Year) to $40.17 (8th Year) per hour, depending on years of service plus applicable loading and shift penalties.
For full details and an application kit, visit Calvary Mater Newcastles Home Page www.calvarymater.org.au (Please click on Careers then Current Vacancies for the position(s) you are interested in) OR contact Allanah Hazelgrove, Nurse Manager on phone (02) 4985 0571.
Closing Date: Friday, 6th March 2015.
AN ELIGIBILITY LIST WILL BE CREATED FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS AND MAY BE USED TO FILL CASUAL, PERMANENT, TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME AND/OR PART-TIME POSITIONS. THE LIST WILL BE VALID FOR TWELVE MONTHS AND SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE LISTED IN ORDER OF MERIT.
Written applications which detail compliance with the essential and desirable criteria, including a completed Calvary Mater Newcastle Application for Employment form, quoting the relevant Position No and three (3) recent, professional referees should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position has been identified as requiring a Working With Children Check (WWCC).
Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders are Encouraged to Apply
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calvary Mater Newcastle is a Smoke Free Workplace
Criminal Record Check for successful applicants in accordance
with NSW Ministry of Health Policy
Provision of documented evidence of protection against specified infectious diseases required
Verification of Qualifications will be undertaken where appropriate
Applications close 06 March 2015