Corner of Edith & Platt Streets
Waratah NSW 2298
Telephone (02) 4921 1211
Calvary Mater NewcastleLCMHC Home
The positions advertised below are available to internal applicants ONLY. To be eligible to apply you MUST be a current Calvary Mater Newcastle or Hunter New England Health Employee.
Calvary Mater Newcastle
Director of Cardiology (Visiting Medical Officer) CMN 16/01
05 February 2016
Director of Cardiology (Visiting Medical Officer)
Temporary Part-time (Sessional/ 5 year appointment )
Department of Cardiology
Position No. CMN 16/01
Suitable applicants who are currently employed by Calvary Mater Newcastle (ONLY) are encouraged to apply.
The Director of Cardiology is responsible for the provision of high performing, safe and effective departmental service in collaboration with the Nursing Unit Manager of the Coronary Care Unit this team will provide leadership for the specialty. The Director will be responsible for the overall coordination and performance of the Department and monitoring and maintaining standards of practice, whilst providing a safe environment for patients and staff. The Director is also responsible for implementing change within the team to achieve agreed outcomes. The Director participates in the planning of clinical services within the Hunter New England Local Health District (HNELHD) through the Cardiology Stream and Networks.
- A Primary Medical Degree registrable with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians OR other specialist recognition as provided for the NSW (Non-Declared) AHO Staff Specialist Agreement or the Health Insurance Act 1973..
- A demonstrated understanding of transfer of care and patient flow principles; and an ability to practice these principles to meet the needs of the community and hospital.
- Understanding of the principles of clinical governance to promote quality and safety in health care, with experience in and commitment to evidence based best practice.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and negotiation skills with a proven consultative management style within the multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated participation in training programs for undergraduate and postgraduate staff and commitment to own personal and professional development.
- Capacity in the efficient and effective day to day management of a teaching hospital Cardiology Department.
- Commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in medicine, nursing and allied health.
- Commitment to the philosophy, mission and values of Calvary as it applies to the Hospital and the ability and desire to uphold these values.
Salary & Conditions:
In accordance with the Public Hospitals (Visiting Medical Officers Sessional Contracts) Determination 2014.
For full details and an application kit contact Kim Kolmajer, Assistant Director of Clinical Services (Nursing), on phone (02) 40144706.
Closing Date: Friday 19th February 2016
AN ELIGIBILITY LIST WILL BE CREATED FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS AND MAY BE USED TO FILL CASUAL, PERMANENT, TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME AND/OR PART-TIME POSITIONS. THE LIST WILL BE VALID FOR TWELVE MONTHS AND SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE LISTED IN ORDER OF MERIT.
Written applications which detail compliance with the essential and desirable criteria, including a completed Calvary Mater Newcastle Application for Employment form, quoting the relevant Position No and three (3) recent, professional referees should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position has been identified as requiring a Working With Children Check (WWCC). If you are the successful applicant you will be required to arrange your own WWCC. For more information on how to get your WWCC Clearance Number please visit http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check Please be aware that you will not be able to commence until you can provide your clearance number.
Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders are Encouraged to Apply
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calvary Mater Newcastle is a Smoke Free Workplace
Criminal Record Check for successful applicants in accordance
with NSW Ministry of Health Policy
Provision of documented evidence of protection against specified infectious diseases required
Verification of Qualifications will be undertaken where appropriate
Applications close 19 February 2016