Corner of Edith & Platt Streets
Waratah NSW 2298
Telephone (02) 4921 1211
Calvary Mater NewcastleLCMHC Home
The Haematology Unit sees patients from the Hunter region however some referrals are also received from outside the local area. The Unit provides a comprehensive service including:
- Management of Bone Marrow malignancies including Acute Leukaemia, Chronic Leukaemia, Multiple Myeloma and Lymphoma
- Treatment and investigation of Bone Marrow failure states i.e. Anaemia, Neutropaenia and Thrombocytopaenia
- Treatment and Diagnosis of Acquired and Inherited Bleeding and Thrombotic Disorders
- Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation
- A consultation service to all hospitals in the Hunter New England Local Health District and all Hunter Area Pathology Service/Pathology North partners.
The unit consists of a 12 bed inpatient ward (5C), a Haematology Day Ward (5D) and outpatient clinics.
The Day Ward (5D) provides day-only transfusion, assessment and outpatient management of recently discharged patients who require ongoing close supervision and platelet transfusion, and other outpatient treatments e.g. lumbar punctures and IV therapy.
The Day Ward provides an apheresis service for Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Harvesting and Plasmapheresis.
Outpatient clinics are held on a regular basis in the medical centre, located on level 3 accessed via Platt Street, Waratah.
Staff Specialist Haematologists
Dr Phillip Rowlings Director of Haematology
Dr Arno Enno Senior Staff Specialist
Dr Sandra Deveridge Senior Staff Specialist
Dr Michael Seldon Senior Staff Specialist
Dr Mark Walsh Staff Specialist
Dr Anoop Enjeti Staff Specialist
Dr Jillian De MelManche Staff Specialist
Dr Sam Yuen Staff Specialist
Dr Phillip Rowlings - Director of Haematology, Telephone: 4921 1222
Social Worker, Telephone: 40144811
Pharmacist, Telephone: 4921 1130
Nursing Unit Manager, Telephone: 40143816
Clinical Nurse Consultant, Telephone: 49211370